Terry Crews sues agent over alleged groping incidentDecember 6, 2017 1:17am

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Terry Crews alleges talent agents at William Morris Endeavor are "knowingly permitted and encouraged to engage in sexually predatory conduct" in a lawsuit filed Tuesday against the agency and one of its top executives.

Crews' complaint filed in Los Angeles Superior Court states the actor and former NFL player was subjected to sexual assault, sexual harassment, gender violence and emotional distress during and after a Feb. 2016 incident in which he says he was repeatedly groped by a talent executive.

The lawsuit recounts Crews' allegations that agent Adam Venit groped him at the Hollywood party last year and details the actor's efforts to see Venit disciplined after the incident. Crews complained about Venit to agency chairman Ari Emanuel, and the two men have retaliated against him for going public with his allegations, the lawsuit states.

The lawsuit contends the agency knew Venit was predatory and condoned his behavior by failing to punish him for it.

Venit and William Morris Endeavor did not respond to requests for comment Tuesday.

Crews added his name to the list of Hollywood's sexual harassment victims in October when he revealed that he was groped by a high-level talent agent at an industry event. Crews discussed the incident and named Venit as his attacker on "Good Morning America" last month.

Crews claims in his lawsuit that Venit, Emanuel and other agency executives have since tried to silence him and hurt his career.

"Crews had no choice by to bring this action to protect himself and to stand up for all victims of sexual predators," the suit says. "Through this case, Crews seeks to send a message to all abusers and sexual predators, that, no matter how powerful you are, you can be held accountable for your reprehensible misconduct and so will the companies that cover up your disgusting misdeeds."

___

Follow AP Entertainment Writer Sandy Cohen at www.twitter.com/APSandy .

Page 1 of 1

More Stories Like This

CAA to form legal defense fund for harassment victimsThe powerful Hollywood talent agency CAA is canceling its annual Golden Globes party and planning to form a legal defense fund to assist workplace harassment victims across all industries
FILE - At left, in an Oct. 5, 2017, file photo, Marshall Faulk broadcasts from the field after an NFL football game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, in Tampa, Fla.  At center, in a Sept. 9, 2015, file photo, NFL Network's Ike Taylor is interviewed during a media availability on set at the NFL Network studios, in Culver City, California. At right in a Sept. 9, 2015, file photo, NFL Network's Heath Evans is interviewed during a media availability on set at the NFL Network studios, in Culver City, Calif. Hall of Fame player Marshall Faulk and two other NFL Network analysts have been suspended after a former employee alleged sexual misconduct in a lawsuit. NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy on Tuesday, Dec. 12, 2017,  identified the three as Faulk, Ike Taylor and Heath Evans. He says they have been "suspended from their duties at NFL Network pending an investigation into these allegations." (AP Photo/File)
The Latest: ESPN pulls McNabb, Davis amid misconduct suit
FILE - This combination of file photos shows director Roman Polanski at the photo call for the film, "Based On A True Story," at the 70th international film festival, Cannes, southern France, on May 27, 2017, left, and Polanski at a Santa Monica, Calif., courthouse on Aug. 8, 1977. Los Angeles police are investigating allegations that Polanski molested a 10-year-old girl in 1975. Although the allegations are so old criminal charges cannot be brought, detectives may be able to use evidence they collect to aid in the prosecution of other cases. The 84-year-old has been a fugitive since he fled to France in 1978 on the eve of sentencing in an unrelated case for sexually assaulting a 13-year-old girl. (AP Photo/Files)
LA police probe claim Roman Polanski molested girl in '75
FILE- In this Sept. 22, 2017 file photo, Vice President Mike Pence talks with the McCurry family during a visit to The Pittt Barbecue & Grill in Anderson, Ind. Some men see a simple strategy for stemming sexual harassment at work: Just avoid one-on-one interactions with women. Pence has long said he doesn't have one-on-one meals with any woman except his wife, as part of prioritizing his marriage. (AP Photo/Darron Cummings, File)
Will misconduct scandals make men wary of women at work?
Prominent New York restaurateur accused of sexual misconductOne of the owners of several high-profile New York restaurants is taking a leave of absence after being accused of sexual misconduct by several women who worked for him
Marta Romeno, left, one of five female kitchen workers in Boston bringing a sexual harassment lawsuit against McCormick & Schmick's, a national restaurant chain featuring seafood and steaks, recounts her experiences as attorney Sophia Hall looks on Tuesday, Dec. 12, 2017, in Boston. The Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights and Economic Justice, a Boston-based nonprofit representing the women, says the lawsuit alleges a workplace filled with "lewd behavior, sexually inappropriate comments and unwanted touching." (AP Photo/Stephan Savoia)
Female workers sue McCormick & Schmick's over lewd behavior
AdChoices

Related Searches

Related Searches

AdChoices